Keep your mobile devices connected with Netgear WN3000RP Universal WiFi Range Extender. Compact in design, this extender removes all the network dead zones from your home and improves the overall WiFi connectivity. Once done with the Netgear WN3000RP Setup, you can connect your smart TV, printer or gaming console and create a Wireless-N bridge to your home network.
Unfamiliar with the setup process of Netgear WN3000RP N300 Extender? Worry not! This guide will show you each and every step that includes in the Netgear New extender setup process. Let’s get started.
Before you start setting up your Universal WiFi Range Extender, it’s recommended to be familiar with your extender first. The WN3000RP extender includes the following LED lights, buttons, and ports:
- Link Rate LED
- PC to Extender LED
- Status LED
- WPS LED
- Ethernet Port
- Factory Reset Button
- On/Off Button
- WPS Button
Now, let’s proceed further with Netgear WN3000RP Setup procedure.
How to Setup Netgear WN3000RP Extender?
The wireless range extender amplifies the WiFi coverage to include the area outside the range of your current WiFi network. There are two methods to set up the Netgear WN3000RP Universal WiFi Range Extender: using web-browser setup guide and WPS method.
Both of the methods are explained below. Choose the method you find easy to execute. Read on.
1. Web-Browser Setup Guide
Walk through the below-mentioned steps to correctly set up your Netgear WiFi Range Extender:
- Position your range extender nearby the existing WiFi router. Keep both the devices in the same room if possible.
- Insert the extender into a wall plug and turn it on.
- Confirm that the power LED of your extender is glowing.
- Switch on a PC and let it boot up properly.
- Open the network manager and connect to a reliable WiFi network.
- Launch one of the installed web browsers on your computer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the browser URL bar and hit enter.
- Once a login window appears, type username in the first field and passphrase in another field.
- If you get ‘the password is incorrect’ error after multiple login attempts, approach our experts via a phone call at 1-888-961-4011 and resolve the issue in the comfort of your home.
- After login, you will get Netgear Genie Setup page on the screen.
- Choose the WiFi network you want to extend.
- Type the WiFi password and click continue.
- Followed by it, click on the finish button.
That’s it! You are done with Netgear WN3000RP Setup. Now, change the extender’s settings as per your requirements. Connect your wireless devices to the new extender network and stay online wherever you roam in the home.
Note: In case you are looking to set up Netgear EX6200 Extender, visit our post on Netgear Extender Setup (EX6200) to Router via Ethernet Connection.
2. WPS Method
The second method to install Netgear N300 WN3000RP WiFi Range Extender is WPS or WiFi Protected Setup. Unlike the web-browser setup, this method doesn’t require you to enter any password to connect to the network. Here are the complete steps for initial Netgear WN3000RP Setup:
- Keep the range extender and existing router in the same room.
- Put the WN3000RP extender on power and turn it on.
- Press the WPS button on your extender.
- The WPS light starts blinking. It means that the extender is configuring with the router’s WiFi signals.
- After some time, the WPS light turns into green color. It signifies that the configuration process has been completed. On the off chance that you find any issue during setup, check out our most effective ways to overcome Netgear extender setup issues.
With these easy steps, you can set up your Netgear WN3000RP extender without much effort. If you come across any issue while setting up your range extender, feel free to contact the experienced technicians via a phone call, email or live chat.