Complete Guide to Change Netgear Extender Default Password
In a time where no WiFi network is safe, you must safeguard yours. So, if you are looking for the step-by-step guidelines to change the Netgear extender default password, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ve mentioned the steps that will help you in changing the default password of your Netgear WiFi range extender and secure your home network. So, what are you waiting for? Read on.
How to Change Netgear Extender Default Password?
Mentioned below are the instructions that will help you change the default password of your wireless range extender with ease:
- Plug your Netgear range extender into a wall socket and press the Power button.
- Once the power LED light turns green, connect your extender to your home router.
- You can connect your devices wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Next, switch on your computer and open an internet browser on it.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type www.mywifiext.net and press Enter.
- The Netgear WiFi extender login page will come into view.
- Fill the default username and password into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
- The BASIC Home screen will appear on your screen.
- Head over to the Settings option and click Wireless Settings.
- The Wireless Settings page will display.
- Under the Password field, enter the new password you want your extender to have.
Note: Make sure that the new password you are giving to your range extender is easy to remember but difficult to crack. Along with alphabets and numbers, consider using special characters while changing the password for your device.
- Re-enter the password and click Apply.
- In a second or two, your changes will get saved.
In this manner, you’ll easily be able to change the Netgear extender default password via mywifiext. In case you come across any technical issues while trying to do so, then either refer to the tips given below or get in touch with our experts.
Fixed: Can’t Change Netgear Extender Default Password
Check the Power Supply
Make sure that your Netgear WiFi range extender is receiving an adequate and fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket. If it isn’t, then that’s probably because the wall socket is damaged. Thus, plug your device into another wall outlet.
Verify Connection Between WiFi Devices
If the connection between your Netgear extender and home router is weak, then also you can face issues while changing the default password. Therefore, make sure that the connection between your devices is strong.
Call Your Internet Service Provider
Contact your ISP to confirm whether you are unable to change the Netgear extender default password because of an internet issue. If the issue is from his end, ask him to fix it as soon as possible so that you change the password of your device peacefully.
Avoid WiFi Interference
WiFi interference can be another reason why you’re facing issues while trying to change the default password on your device. So, keep your extender away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, etc.
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
An outdated firmware is the reason behind a number of technical issues. Chances are that it is also one of the major reasons behind the issue you’re currently experiencing. To get rid of it, it is recommended that you update the firmware of your Netgear range extender by accessing the mywifiext net login page.
If you carefully follow the instructions mentioned in this post, you’ll surely be able to change the Netgear extender default password and safeguard your home wireless network. On the off chance, you’re still facing issues while trying to do so, waste no more time to get in touch with technicians.