Comprehensive Guide to Change WiFi Speed of Range Extender
Are you not satisfied with the current speed of your Netgear wireless range extender? Well, then you ought to give a read to this post. Here, we have mentioned the steps that will help you change WiFi speed of your device by accessing the Netgear WiFi extender setup wizard and make the most of it. Scroll down and read on.
How to Change WiFi Speed of Netgear Extender?
Turn On Your Extender
- Plug your Netgear WiFi range extender into a power source.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for some time and let the power LED become green.
Connect Your WiFi Devices
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Netgear range extender and another to the host router.
- You can also use a wireless source to connect your devices. Just make sure that the connection is not loose.
Launch an Internet Browser
- Get access to a computer or laptop.
- Open an internet browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, etc.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type mywifiext net. You can also use the default IP address to log in to your Netgear range extender.
- Press the Enter key.
Perform Netgear Extender Login
- Hitting Enter will redirect you to the official login page of your Netgear range extender.
- When prompted, enter the default login username and password.
- Click Log In.
Change WiFi Speed
- The Netgear extender setup wizard will come into view.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Click Wireless Settings.
- The Wireless Settings page will welcome you.
- Under the WiFi Speed menu, select a speed.
- Click the Save button.
- In some time, you changes will become effective.
Ta-da! In this way, you will be able to change WiFi speed of your Netgear range extender in the blink of an eye. In case, you come across any issues during the process, get in touch with our experts or follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below.
Can’t Change WiFi Speed of Netgear Extender?
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is getting a fluctuation-free power supply from its electrical outlet. If it isn’t, plug your extender into a different wall socket.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your wireless range extender and router should not be worn out or damaged from anywhere. Otherwise, you will face issues while accessing the new extender setup page.
- Your Netgear extender should be placed in the same room as that of your home router. This will ensure that your devices are able to transmit signals properly.
- The internet browser you are using should be running on its updated version. Also, it should not be accumulated with cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Do not enter the default web or IP address in the search bar of your web browser.
- If you are not sure regarding the default username and password of your Netgear extender, it is recommended that you refer to the information given in the user manual. It will surely be of some help to you.
- Your Netgear extender or router should not be placed near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, aluminum studs, corners, and concrete walls.
Need Our Help?
Hopefully, following these troubleshooting hacks will help you change WiFi speed of your Netgear range extender with ease. On the off chance, you are still not able to successfully complete the process, then what are our experts here for? Waste no more time to reach out to them. They are available at every hour of the day to help out users like you.