Detailed Guide to Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Want to enhance the performance of your Netgear wireless range extender? If the answer to the question is a big yes, then consider performing Netgear firmware update of your extender. Updating the firmware of your device won’t just improve its overall performance but also fix technical issues (if you’re facing any).
Walk through the guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender to the latest version. But, before you do that, make sure that your extender is receiving a sufficient and fluctuation-free power supply from its wall outlet. Now, read on.
How to Perform Netgear Firmware Update?
1. Connect Your WiFi Devices
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect your Netgear range extender and home router. Just make sure that the cable is not damaged from anywhere.
- You have the choice of connecting your devices using a wireless source as well.
2. Access Mywifiext.net
- Once a stable connection between your Netgear wireless range extender and router has been established, switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser. Whatever browser you use, make sure that it is running on an updated version.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
3. Log in to Your Netgear Extender
- Pressing the Enter key will take you to the Netgear extender administrative page.
- When prompted, fill in the default username and password into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
4. Perform Netgear Firmware Update
- On the new extender setup wizard, head over to the Settings option.
- Under Maintenance, click Firmware Update.
- Now, carefully follow the on-screen instructions to finish performing Netgear firmware update of your wireless range extender.
In this manner, you’ll successfully be able to update the firmware of your extender to the latest version. On the off chance, you get stuck at any point during the process, feel free to reach out to our well-versed technical experts.
If you want to try to tackle the problem on your own, then consider going through the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
Can’t Perform Netgear Extender Firmware Update?
- It is recommended that you get the Ethernet cable replaced with a new one immediately.
- Make sure that the internet browser does not has pent up cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- If mywifiext.net refuses to work for you, then consider using the default IP address to log in to your Netgear wireless range extender.
- In case you are not certain regarding the default username and password of your Netgear extender, refer to the user manual.
Once you are done following these troubleshooting tips, try to perform Netgear firmware update of your range extender. If you are still not able to get success, then it is advised that you reset your wireless device. Here’s how:
Steps to Perform Netgear Extender Factory Default Reset
- Look for the Reset button located on your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Once found, carefully press it using a pointed object.
- Wait for a few seconds.
Note: You can also reset your Netgear extender by accessing the mywifiext.net page.
As soon as you have finished restoring your device to the factory default settings, do not forget to setup Netgear extender from scratch.
In order to keep your device up and running always, it is important that you keep its firmware updated. Following the step-by-step guidelines mentioned above will surely help you perform Netgear firmware update of your range extender. However, if you come across any issues while trying to do so, remember that you can reach out to our technical experts at any hour of the day.