Netgear WiFi extender setup gives a new life to your dead zones. On the other hand, range extenders in today’s modern technological era, help you keep all your mobile devices, media players, laptops, and computers connected to the WiFi with a secure internet connection and expanded coverage in every corner of your home.
In this post, we have taken Netgear EX3920 (AC750) WiFi range extender as an example.
Netgear EX3920 extender perks up your existing network range, delivering a reliable dual-band WiFi.
But the question is, how do I setup Netgear WiFi range extender?
The setup process of Netgear smart WiFi range extender is very easy.
Installation of EX3920
- First of all, place your range extender.
- Supply plug your device into an electrical outlet.
- Connect it to your main WiFi network.
Note: Each range extender must connect to your existing router’s WiFi network. Do not connect them with each other WiFi network.
Where to place them?
- Place the first extender in the same room as your existing WiFi router.
- Plug it into a power outlet.
- Let the power LED on it become amber and after that, solid green. And if it doesn’t, simply push the power button.
- Repeat the 1st and the 2nd point for your second one.
How to connect them using a browser setup?
- In the first place, you have to connect your computer or a laptop to the range extender’s WiFi network.
- Once done, you will see that the Device Link LED lights up.
- Load up an internet browser to access www.mywifiext.net login page and for this, you have to enter mywifiext net into the URL bar of the opened browser.
And that’s it. New extender setup page displays.
- As a matter of fact, that for the first time you log in to your range extender, the ‘Create account page will display, and if the account page doesn’t display, visit www.mywifiext.net new extender setup.
- Once the create account page displays, complete the required fields on it and hit the next button.
- Now, from the ‘Regional Settings’ menu, select your region or country (when prompt) and hit the next button.
- Your range extender will automatically scan for the available WiFi networks active in your surroundings. But before this, make sure that you have selected the WiFi range extender’ option.
- To extend the range and reach of a WiFi network, please select that network name whom you want to extend and after that, hit the next button.
- Type the password in the network key field and hit on next.
- After that, set the SSID and passphrase for your new extender’s WiFi network and hit the next button.
Note: You have to repeat this step for all your WiFi-enabled devices (computers, laptops, and smartphones).
- Hit the continue button and after that, a message will be displayed confirming that your range extender is successfully connected to the new extended WiFi network.
- Now, hit the next button and when the registration page displays, complete all the registration fields carefully and hit on finish to complete the Netgear extender setup process.
- Unplug your device and plug it into a new spot.
- Please repeat the 1st to 13th steps for your second WiFi range extender.
- Place your 1st range extender in the range of your WiFi router.
- Spot your second range extender closer to the 1st one.
- For instance, if you own a big house, then place your 1st range extender and the router on the ground floor and the second one on the second floor.
Netgear extender setup is very easy with just push of a button. No SSID and password is required. Want to know how? Try using the WPS method:
- Push the WPS button on your 1st range extender.
- When the WPS LED on your device blinks, push the WPS button on your main WiFi router.
- Does your router support the 5Ghz band? If yes, then simply repeat the 1st and the 2nd step.
- During the WPS process, make sure that your range extenders are properly plugged in.
- Both of them should be connected to the main WiFi network only, not with each other and not with any device in your home (not even your router’s WiFi network).
- Repeat 1-2 steps of WPS setup for your second Netgear device.