Netgear EX2700 N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition is a compact device to extend the range of WiFi networks to the far corners of your home or office. The extender includes two antennas on each side for superior performance. If you are looking to set up your Netgear EX2700 Wireless Range Extender, then look no further than this post. In this Netgear EX2700 Setup guide, you will learn two different ways to install and configure your extender without any hassle. Let’s dig a little deeper.
Set up Netgear EX2700 N300 WiFi Range Extender
As we mentioned above, there are two different ways to set up the EX2700 extender. These are: using Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard and via WPS.
1. Using Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard
Here is a step-by-step procedure for Netgear N300 Setup using the Netgear Genie User Interface:
- Place your range extender to a central location and apply power to it.
- Check the power LED on your WiFi booster.
- In case the power LED light doesn’t become visible, it means the wall plug is damaged. Change the wall plug and turn on your Netgear Extender.
- After that, connect any wireless device or wired computer which has a web browser.
- If you are using a wired computer, connect it to the network using an Ethernet cable.
- For a wireless connection, open the WiFi network manager on your device and select the network to connect to.
- Open a web browser on your device and let a new browser window load properly.
- In the URL bar, type mywifiext.net and hit the enter key.
- Now, a login window should appear. If it’s not, check your internet connection once and try again.
- If still mywifiext.net login page doesn’t open, get in touch with the experts and fetch instant solutions to the issue.
- Once the login page appears, fill in the username and password.
- Now, the Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard will open.
- Click on the continue button to run the Netgear EX2700 Setup.
- Follow the on-screen steps and install your extender without much effort.
In this way, you can set up your Netgear N300 EX2700 WiFi Range Extender. Now, connect all your devices to the new network and enjoy the extended WiFi range throughout the home or workplace.
2. Via WPS
Consider the following steps for Netgear EX2700 Setup via WPS or WiFi Protected Setup.
- First of all, make sure to keep your N300 WiFi range extender to a neat and clean place.
- Plug in the extender to a power outlet and let it turn on properly.
- After that, connect it to the router by pressing and holding the WPS button on it.
- Once the WPS LED light becomes green, it means that your extender is connected to the main network.
- Now, unplug your extender and move it to your preferred location.
Your EX2700 N300 WiFi Range Extender has been set up correctly. The new extended wireless network name will be changed to your existing network name but with the _EXT in the end. If you experience any kind of difficulty, instant help is just a phone call away.