Mywifiext is the default login web address that is meant for a hassle-free Netgear extender setup. Not only it makes the extender installation easier but also helps you change and manage the settings of an already configured range extender. At times, when a user tries to access this web address, they receive an error message, stating “unable to connect to the site”, “mywifiext.net not working”, or “you are not connected to your extender WiFi network”.
This occurs because mywifiext.net is not a regular website on the internet. It is the local web address that is used to load up the Netgear Genie wizard. To access this web address, your main router must be connected to the Netgear WiFi extender through an Ethernet cable.
Reasons Behind the Issue
If you see something other than the above-mentioned error messages, chances are that you have entered the web address in the browser’s search bar.
A typo in the URL might take you to a third-party website that attempts to steal your personal details. In the event, if you are not sure whether you entered the correct address or not, close all the tabs and restart your internet browser once.
In case, the issue persists, try a few troubleshooting steps given below to fix the mywifiext.net not working issue. Let’s get the ball rolling!
- Bring your Netgear range extender into the same room as your main wireless router.
- Once you have installed the extender successfully and you have a working WiFi connection, you can move the Netgear device to its intended location.
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is plugged into a working power source properly. If your Netgear extender is receiving continuous power, the power LED light on it will become stable. On the off chance, if it is not lit, unplug both ends of the Ethernet cable that is connecting your range extender to your router and plug it in again.
- If your Netgear device has a PC to Extender LED or a Device to Extender LED, ensure that it is stable too.
- Power-cycle your Netgear range extender.
- If you still cannot access the web address, clear cache, cookies, and recent history from the web browser you use.
- Make sure that you are connected to a high-speed internet connection.
- Assign your PC a static IP address.
Still, facing the same issue? Reset your Netgear WiFi range extender back to it factory default values. To do so, follow a few steps given below:
- The power LED on your Netgear extender must be stable. If not, push the on/off button on your extender once.
- Disconnect your Netgear extender from your main router and make sure that it is receiving proper power supply.
- Get a pin-like (thin) object.
- Insert the thin or sharpened object into the Reset hole.
- Press and hold the Reset button.
- Your Netgear extender resets successfully to the default factory settings.
You’re on the ball
You can now reconfigure your Netgear extender by clicking here.
If you are still facing the same issue, then only an expert technician can help you out. So, in order to get in touch with a highly-trained and proficient IT guy, dial our toll-free 1-888-961-4011.