Netgear EX2700 N300 WiFi range extender is a compact device to extend the existing wireless range in the far corners of your house or workplace. Once done with the Netgear EX2700 setup, it provides you up to 300 Mbps WiFi speed. Its convenient wall-plug design takes less space in your home.
Wondering how to install Netgear N300 EX2700 WiFi range extender? Gotcha! Here, we will make you familiar with the step-by-step guide to set up your Netgear EX2700 extender with ease. Read on.
Set up Netgear N300 EX2700 WiFi Extender
There are two methods for Netgear N300 EX2700 extender installation: using the genie wizard and via WPS.
1. Using Netgear Genie Wizard
Here’s how to perform the Netgear N300 setup using the genie wizard:
- Place the extender to a central location and put it on power.
- Check the Power LED on your extender.
- Connect your extender to the existing router via an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your computer.
- Choose a web browser you like.
- Once the new browser window opens, type mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- The login window will come into view.
- Insert the user ID and password into the given fields.
- Hit Log In.
- The Netgear genie smart wizard will display.
- Hit the Continue button.
- The on-screen Netgear EX2700 setup instructions will be there to help you.
Quick Tip: Use mywifiext.local web address if you are using a MAC OS X or iOS device for Netgear N300 EX2700 range extender installation.
Done! Your Netgear N300 EX2700 wireless range extender has been set up. In case of any difficulty, reaching out to our technical experts will be the ultimate way.
How to Install Netgear EX2700 Via WPS?
The EX2700 WiFi extender comes with a WPS feature that allows you to connect your WiFi-enabled devices without entering the network password. This section walks you through a step-by-step procedure on how to install Netgear N300 EX2700 Essentials Edition WiFi range extender using the WPS button:
- Place the Netgear extender in the same room as that of your home router.
- Beware of interference-creating things! Do not place your EX2700 extender nearby electronic gadgets, reflexive surfaces, water resources, and metal objects.
- Ensure that the router is properly plugged in and receiving constant power from the wall socket.
- Now, plug your Netgear N300 extender into a wall outlet and power it on.
- Press the WPS button on your range extender.
- After that, push the WPS button on your router.
- Let the WPS LED become solid green to show that your extender has connected to the main network.
- You can now move the extender to your preferred location.
Cheers! The Netgear extender setup for EX2700 N300 has been completed. Now, connect all your wireless devices to the extender’s new SSID and enjoy fast-speed internet connectivity in every corner of your home or office. In the event that you find yourself stuck at any step, get in touch with our well-versed experts at any time.