How to Program Netgear WiFi Extender?
Are you in dire hard need of installing a reliable and efficient WiFi range extender at your home? Well, congratulations, you have stumbled upon the right post. This is to inform you that Netgear is the most reliable brand in today’s market giving you internet access throughout your home. However, for starting with streaming, surfing, and downloading using the extender; you first need to configure it in a proper manner. In this blog, we have covered everything on how to program Netgear WiFi extender to start using it. Let’s make things happen.
Here’s How to Program Netgear WiFi Extender
No matter which model of Netgear extender you have invested in, the process of doing Netgear WiFi extender setup will remain the same for all. So, have a roundup of steps listed below and learn how to program Netgear WiFi extender:
- After you have finished unpacking your device, position it near your host router.
- You need to ensure that the distance between both devices should not be too close; else there could be signal conflict.
- Turn on your extender by plugging its power cord into a wall socket.
- Soon the power LED on your extender will turn green.
- Now, it is time to establish a connection between the router and the extender. For this, either make use of an Ethernet cable or rely on wireless connection.
Pro Tip: Wired connections are more reliable than wireless when it comes to making an extender up and running. So, if you have availability of a cable, then stick with wired connections only to make things done in a hassle-free manner.
- Have you established a connection between both devices? We hope yes! Move on to the next process and get access to a computer having the availability of an updated web browser.
- Turn on your computer and launch the browser on it.
- If so many tabs are opened on the browser being used for the process, consider closing them.
- Type mywifiext into the URL field of your browser and proceed further by pressing Enter on your system.
- You will be redirected to the Netgear range extender login page.
- This is where you need to input the default login details of your extender.
Quick Tip: If you are unaware of the admin login details to be used, check the user manual you might have received with the purchase of your extender.
- Hitting the Log in option, you will find yourself on the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- For non-techies, this is the dashboard or web user interface of your WiFi range extender.
- Now, head towards the settings of your device and look for the network name that matches the name of your WiFi router.
- Select the same for proceeding further with the process of how to program Netgear WiFi extender.
- You will be given the choice of changing the username and password of your extender.
- So, set a friendly name and hard-to-crack password for your device.
- Apart from that, you may get a notification for updating the firmware of your range extender.
- For this, head to the official site of Netgear and check whether any new firmware is available for the extender model you have.
- If yes, get it downloaded on your system and then update it on your range extender. Make sure you don’t run any background activities on your system while executing the process.
- Once done, you need to follow certain prompts flashing on your device’s screen.
- With that, you will be able to complete the process of programming your extender.
That’s it! Here ends our step-by-step guide on how to program Netgear WiFi extender. Now, you are free to change the location of your device as per your WiFi needs.
While changing the location, make sure you keep your Netgear extender far from the reach of things causing WiFi interference. For instance, fish tanks, aluminum studs, baby monitors, cellular phones, Bluetooth speakers, thick concrete walls, reflexive surfaces, microwave ovens, refrigerators, etc.
In a Nutshell
Let’s, here, wrap up our guide on how to program Netgear WiFi extender for expanding the range of your home WiFi router. In case you find the process a bit complex, you can anytime approach our technical experts for personalized assistance, for your perusal.