One of the best things about the Netgear is that you can easily set up their range extender with your existing WiFi router. With the help of the user manual you can easily set up the range extender, just follow all the steps present on the mywifiext local web setup page, to perform extender’s setup with visible router’s network.
It explains each and every installation process and the options you can use to complete the whole setup process. This makes things quite easy for the users regarding how to setup Netgear extender.
But still, there are still some things, terms, or options – that might seem tricky to not only the new users but also to the advanced experts also. One of these is the router’s hidden SSID. During setting up your range extender with your existing router, you also need to know the SSID.
But in the case it is not visible or hidden, users might get troubled or confused that their might they are on the wrong path for how to setup Netgear extender with the help of mywifiext.net URL.
In this particular blog section, we have arrived with the easiest mywifiext setup solution to out your connectivity of range extender with hidden or not visible SSID router’s network.
Before proceeding further towards the mywifiext setup configuration of your Netgear device with the hidden SSID network. It’s good to know more about what is an SSID and why it is so much important?
What Does SSID mean and Why It is Important for mywifiext Netgear Setup
Service Set Identifier refers to all those wireless networking devices that work on the IEEE 802.11 wireless networking standard. SSID means the primary name that helps the user to easily identify to which wireless network you are connected with.
Every SSID is unique from another one. So that user can connect with the correct SSID name during mywifiext Netgear setup or while using the range extender device. By default, SSID can be up to 32 character-limit. For example “Netgear” but the users during the Netgear mywifiext setup can change it to some other SSID network name. Since the SSID is present in the case-sensitive, so you need to be quite careful while mentioning any SSID into the provided particular field.
What Happens When You are Unable to Find Router’s SSID
Usually, every wireless router broadcast its SSID to all nearby devices. It is generated in a human-readable name which helps the user to determine between your WiFi network and another wireless network. But sometimes, a router’s SSID seems to be hidden.
This makes range extender setup quite difficult because you do not know how to deal with it during Netgear extender setup. But if you are able to see your existing WiFi router’s SSID network and looking forward to configuring your Netgear Extender Setup Guide, then click here.
How to Setup Your Netgear Range Extender with A Hidden SSID
If you are struggling to connect your Netgear WiFi range extender with your currently existing WiFi router and cannot detect the hidden SSID, all you need to enter it manually during the range extender setup. Follow the below-mentioned steps to know more about it.
1. Plugin your range extender into a power socket and wait until it turns ON completely.
2. Launch any of your web browser within your computer or laptop and enter mywifiext .net into the address or URL bar.
3. The new extender setup page will appear.
4. On the Netgear Genie page, click on the WiFi range extender option.
5. From your existing WiFi network list, you will not be able to find your hidden SSID network.
6. Click on “Manually input my wireless SSID” and click on Next button.
7. Enter your router’s SSID and type the password.
8. Click on the Next button.
9. On the next setup, the setup will ask again you to enter again the SSID and password for your range extender’s network. It’s all depends on you that either you want to keep those name same as they are of your existing WiFi router or you want to change them. Once done, just click on the Next button.
10. Now select your client devices and connect them with your extender’s WiFi network.
11. Tap Continue.
We really hope our this particular blog section regarding the Hidden router’s SSID network helps you to configure your Netgear range extender with it. Somehow, if you still the problem does not sort out. Feel free to get in touch with the highly talented and experienced technical experts. Just dial toll-free number +1-888-961-4011 or write to us at email@example.com.