Netgear EAX12 Setup Using 3 Different Methods
Got your hands on a Netgear EAX12 range extender? Well, you’ve made an excellent choice. After installing this finest piece of technology in your house, you will be able to gain access to super-fast internet connectivity in every nook and cranny. But, do you know how to set this device up? In case you don’t, then worry not. This blog highlights 3 different methods to get your extender up and running. You are free to make use of any one of them at your convenience. But, before disclosing setup methods, we want you to complete the initial steps of the setup process as they are the same in all three methods.
Initial Installation of Netgear EAX12 Extender
The setup process of every Netgear begin right with its unboxing. Therefore, we suggest you unbox your EAX12 range extender. You have to be very careful while unboxing so that no accessory gets damaged.
Right after you unbox the extender, select an appropriate location for the extender. It must be located somewhere in the central room of your house. The room is not supposed to be congested and must not be providing shelter to a lot of home appliances, reflexive surfaces, or objects carrying a large amount of water.
As soon as you’re done with the unboxing and placement of the Netgear EAX12 extender, consider walking through the next section to learn different methods that can be adopted to set it up.
Methods to Set Up Netgear Extender EAX12
You are free to use any of the below-mentioned methods to configure your WiFi device:
1. WPS Method: This method only requires the user to push the button. However, the host router must support the WPS configuration if you want to use this method.
2. Manual Method: Users need to gain access to the web-based management portal of the range extender to get it configured via the manual approach.
3. Nighthawk App: Individuals who do not own a WPS-supported router or cannot use the computer to set up the device can use the Nighthawk mobile app to make things happen.
Now, moving on, let’s shed light on the steps to install the EAX12 WiFi range extender using these approaches.
Netgear EAX12 Setup Using WPS Method
Here are the instructions that you are supposed to follow if you want to make your extender up and running using the WPS approach:
- Firstly, ensure that your range extender lies within the range of the main router.
- After that, switch on both WiFi devices after inserting them into their respective outlets.
- As soon as they get powered up, start looking for the button labeled “WPS” on them.
- Found them? Yes? Well, press the button on the Netgear EAX12 first and then on the router.
- The setup process of your range extender has been completed.
Netgear Extender EAX12 Setup via Manual Method
Give a shot at the steps given below if you are interested in making use of a web browser to get your WiFi range extender configured:
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect your router and extender using it.
- Also, ensure that your WiFi devices are getting a stable power supply.
- Thereafter, shift your focus on your PC or laptop and switch it on.
- Load an internet browser that you often use.
- Inside the address bar, input mywifiext.net or mywifiext.local and hit Enter.
- You will see the administration page of the Netgear EAX12 extender.
- Here, enter the required details and select Log In.
- The BASIC Home screen or the Status page appears.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the setup process.
Netgear EAX12 Setup Using Nighthawk App
The steps highlighted underneath will facilitate you do the Netgear extender setup using the Nighthawk app:
- After connecting your devices and powering them up, unlock your mobile phone.
- Move to the app store of your mobile phone as per the OS and get the Nighthawk app.
- Once the app gets installed, launch it.
- You will be prompted to create a Netgear account.
- Create one by filling in a form [if you don’t have one].
- After that, select your Netgear EAX12 and input its default login details.
- The moment you get logged in to the extender, you will be able to see its dashboard.
- There, follow the on-screen prompts and complete the setup process.
One of the above-discussed methods will surely help you make your Netgear EAX12 WiFi range extender up and running. No matter which method you choose, the newly extended network name will be Netgear_ext. You need to access it on your devices to get online.
Just in case you’re unable to see Netgear_ext after setting up the EAX12 extender, get in touch with our experts to know what might have gone wrong and how to fix the problem.