Netgear Extender LED Not Turning Green? Let Us Help You!
“The LED light on my Netgear wireless range extender is blinking red. Why is this happening if I have successfully performed Netgear extender setup? Did I do something wrong to cause this issue? Can you help me troubleshoot it?”
Does this query seem similar to yours? Is that a yes? Well, worry not. The reason being, in this post, we have provided the ultimate solution through which you will be able to troubleshoot the Netgear extender LED not turning green issue within minutes. And that solution requires you to perform Netgear extender firmware update.
In this blog, we have discussed two different methods using which updating the firmware of your Netgear extender is possible. The first method requires you to make your way to the web user interface of your device and another requires you to put the Nighthawk app to use. Go through this hack and get out of the mess that you are currently in.
Netgear Extender LED Not Turning Green [Fixed]
1. Netgear Firmware Update via Web User Interface
As mentioned above, in this method, you ought to access the web user interface of your device. Thus, walk through the guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to perform Netgear extender firmware update with the help of the manual method:
- Locate a working wall socket in your house.
- Whenever you find it, plug the Netgear extender into it.
- Press the power button.
- Hold on for some time.
- Connect the Netgear extender to the host router.
- You can do so using any source of connection that you prefer.
- Switch on your computer.
- Gain access to an internet browser.
- In the address bar or the URL field of the web browser, type mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be able to the Netgear extender login portal.
- There you will find two fields, named Username and Password.
- Enter the login credentials and click on the Log In button.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear extender setup wizard.
- Under the Settings menu, click the Administration button.
- Hit Firmware Update.
And you are done. In this manner, you will be able to update the firmware of your Netgear wireless range extender. Hopefully, you have gotten rid of the Netgear extender LED not turning green issue.
In case you got stuck at any point while performing Netgear firmware update, you should contact our technical experts. You do not want anything to come between you from trying to resolve the Netgear extender LED not turning green issue, right?
2. Netgear Firmware Update via Nighthawk App
In this method, you ought to make use of a mobile device considering Netgear Nighthawk app for PC is not available. Follow the below-mentioned guidelines in order to update the firmware of your extender and fix the Netgear extender LED not turning green issue:
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Go to the respective store of your device to do so.
- Once the installation finishes, launch the application.
- After that, perform Netgear extender login.
- You can do this using the login credentials.
- Once you find yourself on the Netgear extender setup wizard, go to Settings.
- Tap on the Firmware Update button.
- Hit Yes for confirmation.
- Hold on for some time.
Before you can even blink an eye, you will be able to perform Netgear extender firmware update by accessing the Netgear extender setup wizard using the Nighthawk app.
Now, check if the Netgear extender LED not turning green issue has gotten off of your back. But, make sure that your fingers are crossed before you do so.
With the hope of helping you fix the Netgear extender LED not turning green issue, we are ending this guide. Hopefully, you will be able to turn the LED on your device to green after walking through the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks.
On the off chance, luck still does not kiss your feet; it is recommended that you waste not even a single minute more to contact our technical experts. They will definitely help you to get rid of the Netgear extender LED not turning green issue. You can trust us on that.