If you want your Netgear extender to work seamlessly, the firmware of your device must be updated to the latest version. But what if your Netgear extender firmware update fails? Well, there can be various reasons that may prevent you from updating your WiFi extender firmware to the latest version. This post will help you get acquainted with the scenarios that can cause the failure of your extender’s firmware to get uploaded.
Reasons Behind Netgear Extender Firmware Update Failure
1. You’re trying to update an incompatible firmware
Solution: The firmware update failure error can appear if you have selected a wrong firmware update for the extender model you own. Make sure the firmware version you downloaded for your Netgear extender setup is compatible with the model number of your WiFi device. Keep in mind that updating a wrong firmware version can make your extender not working.
2. Your computer has not enough space
Solution: Make sure your computer is having enough space to download the latest firmware version. If not, keep some space free by deleting the clutter or temp files or unwanted data.
3. Slow Internet connectivity
Solution: If your WiFi is not running as fast as expected, then also you may face the firmware update issue. So, run a speed test on your system and check if your WiFi speed is proper or not. You can also reboot your WiFi network and check if it works for you to get the latest firmware version on your Netgear extender.
4. You downloaded a corrupted firmware file
Solution: Users often interrupt the process of firmware update by doing some other tasks on their device at the same time. Doing so can corrupt the firmware file and result in failure. So, it is recommended to don’t initiate any other work on your device while updating a firmware version for your Netgear extender.
5. Faulty hardware
Solution: The hardware of the extender you are trying to update might be damaged. So, firstly have a tab on your device and make sure there is no hardware-related issue with it. If any, replace the device with a new one.
We hope that by following the fixes given above, you would be able to fix the Netgear extender firmware update failure issue. Just in case, the problem is still the same and making you irritate, then perhaps you are not doing the Netgear extender firmware update in the right manner. Walk through the steps to update the recent firmware version on a Netgear extender and check if you’re doing it in an accurate manner.
How to update the latest firmware version on your Netgear extender
For downloading and installing the latest firmware update on your Netgear WiFi range extender, make sure you have properly completed the Netgear WiFi extender setup process. Once done,
- Access the Netgear extender’s official site via web browser and look for the firmware update (if any) for the model number you have at your home by entering the details in the Search bar.
- If you find any new firmware for your device, hit the Download button.
- Next, save the downloaded file on your computer at a safe location.
- Launch your favorite internet browser and access mywifiext.
Quick Tip: If mywifiext.net is not working, you can also use the default IP to access the Netgear extender login page.
- Enter your username and password, and you will land on the Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard.
- Now, to update the latest firmware on your WiFi range extender, navigate to Settings and click on the Firmware Update option.
- Hitting the Browse button, select the file you have earlier downloaded from the official site.
- At last, click the Firmware Update button and wait until your WiFi range extender completes the firmware update process.
That’s it! This is how you can update the firmware of your range extender in a hassle-free manner.
Still receiving the same Netgear extender firmware update failure message? Oh, in such a situation, you can contact our expert technicians for the instant solution to your Netgear extender firmware update issues.