As a matter of fact, the FastLane technology is meant for increasing the performance of WiFi range extenders. The performance of your internet slows down when both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands are connected together at the same time.
The mode that allows the networking devices on both the bands to connect at the same piece of time is called Internet Surfing mode or the normal operating mode of the WiFi router. Despite the fact that this mode reduces the WiFi performance.
In the advance FastLane technology, two (2) bands are available.
- One band connects your range extender and the WiFi -enabled device.
- The second band connects your main router and the WiFi extender.
This advanced technology offers maximum/maximal WiFi performance and ideal for HD (High-Definition) video streaming and gaming.
Also, note this down that this ‘FastLane technology’ has no use if your main wireless router and all the WiFi-enabled devices only support one of the two 2.4 GHz or 5 Ghz bands. It is also recommended – do not enable the ‘FastLane technology’ if your devices support only one (1) band.
When you enable FastLane Technology you have two available options given below:
- If the WiFi devices you are using to access the internet, play online games, watch online movies, go for online shopping, video streaming supports 2.4 GHz band, etc. and your main wireless router supports 5 GHz band then make use of the 2.4 GHz band to make a connection between extender and WiFi devices and use the 5 GHz band to make a secure and powerful connection between your range extender and the wireless router.
- On the other hand, if the devices you are using for playing online games or video streaming supports the 5 GHz band and your main WiFi router supports the 2.4 GHz band then make use of the 5 GHz band to establish a secure and strong connection between your range extender and the networking/WiFi devices and use the 2.4 GHz band to establish a powerful connection between your WiFi router and the range extender.
Now, we will provide you instructions on how to configure the FastLane Technology on EX6400, EX7000 or EX7300 WiFi range extenders.
Note: In case all your client devices are of single band, then it is advised do not enable the FastLane Technology.
To enable FastLane Technology follow the steps below:
- First of all, please ensure that your wireless client device is connected to the extender’s wireless network securely and properly.
- Secondly, open an internet browser on the connected device and go to www.mywifiext.net login page.
- Thirdly, when prompted, enter the valid email address and password that you have created when setting up the range extender’s account.
- Now in Netgear Genie setup page, click on Do More (left-hand side) and then click on FastLane option (below WiFi coverage).
- Now, when the FastLane Technology page appears, click on the FastLane Technology.
As soon as you click on FastLane Technology, you will see two (2) options.
Option 1: Device to the extender in 5GHz only and extender to the router in 2.4GHz only.
The WiFi clients must support the 5GHz band to make use of this mode as client device will connect to your range extender using 5GHz band only.
Option 2: Device to the extender in 2.4GHz only and extender to the router in 5GHz only (your main WiFi router must support the 5GHz band). Note this down that this option is chosen by itself.
- Select any one of the aforementioned options you prefer to use and click on ‘SAVE’.
Once your settings are saved successfully and you might get disconnected from the previous WiFi network. Reconnect your WiFi/wireless devices again.
Note: You can switch from 2.4 GHz band to 5 GHz band as per your new settings if you get disconnected.
If you are facing issues in enabling the Fastlane technology, then chose one of the following options:
- Call us Netgear Extender Setup toll-free number 1-888-961-4011 – talk to our certified technicians and resolve your issues within a matter of minutes.
- Drop your queries at email@example.com and our technicians will reach you with a solution instantly.
- Chat with our technicians and get a real-time answer to all your issues linked with Netgear WiFi range extender.