Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet even after setting it up properly? If yes, then look no further than our post! Here, we will make you aware of the reasons behind this issue along with their permanent solutions. Read on.
All our troubleshooting tips will help you fix all of the below-mentioned issues:
- Why can’t my extender connect to the internet?
- Unable to connect to internet via Netgear WiFi extender
- Don’t know how to connect Netgear extender to internet
- Connection problems with my Netgear wireless extender
Let’s delve in.
To get an easy and quick fix of all such issues, just dial toll-free 1-888-961-4011 and discuss all your technical issues with our highly-experienced technicians.
Can’t Connect To Internet Via Netgear Extender: What’s the Actual Reason?
If your Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet, then one of the following is the reason behind this:
- The device is not properly configured for Netgear extender to use.
- The software or hardware of WiFi range extender is faulty. Due to this, Netgear extender not connecting to internet on Windows 7/8/10, Linux, Mac or other operating systems.
- Cable connections are loose.
- Interference in the path of extender’s signals is another reason.
- The extender is placed in a dead zone.
- Partial Netgear WiFi extender setup.
- Poor or no connection status of your network adapter.
- The extender is showing an orange LED light.
- Outdated Netgear extender firmware.
Here’s hope that you now know the factor causing WiFi connectivity problems. However, if all the things are in good terms from your end, execute the steps outlined underneath to fix the issue.
Fix: Netgear WiFi Extender Not Connecting to Internet
With no more ado, let’s start troubleshooting the problem.
- Place your WiFi extender away from interference-creating devices such as microwaves, Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, metal objects, mirrors, glasses, fish tanks, etc.
- Check the LED lights on your extender as well as the router. On the off chance that the power light is showing in red color, it signifies that your WiFi extender is not connecting to router.
- A blinking orange LED light implies that the extender is connected to the router but there is no internet/WAN.
- Found no issue with the LED lights on the extender and router? Go for loose connections or plugins checking.
- Reboot your PC, modem, computer, laptop, extender, and router and verify if it fixes the issue or not.
- If the error is still annoying you, log in to www.mywifiext.net web address and see whether the extender firmware is updated or not.
- Lastly, go for the Netgear extender reset. Just press the reset button on your device and restore all the default factory settings.
Still Facing the Issue?
We all understand how frustrating it is – when your Netgear extender refuses to connect to the internet. However, it is all dependent on the situation that leads to this issue. Therefore, considering this, we have mentioned more solutions for you. Continue reading.
Scenario 1: Netgear Extender Unable to Detect SSID
- Power-cycle your WiFi range extender and attempt to connect it to the internet.
- Confirm if the extender is transmitting its SSID.
- Access the Netgear extender login web page.
- Once the Netgear genie smart setup wizard will open, make sure that both the WiFi bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) are enabled.
- Check whether you are connecting to the right SSID or not.
- Get in touch with our well-trained experts.
Scenario 2: Netgear WiFi Extender no Internet Triggered After Setting Changes
In case your wireless range extender starts troubling after setting changes or firmware update, these steps will come handy to you:
- Log in to your Netgear WiFi range extender via a web browser.
- Head over to the Other Settings > Browse section.
- Find the backup file and click on the restore option.
- A confirmation popup will appear.
- Click on the yes button to restore the previous settings.
- The extender will reboot on its own. So wait until the rebooting process completes.
None of the above-mentioned tactics resolved your issue? Contact us now! Our experts will help you out to fix the issue within seconds.