Netgear EAX20 Setup | AX1800
With the latest generation WiFi 6 standard, Netgear AX1800 4-stream mesh extender EAX20 is intended for the great WiFi delivering capacity, fast speed, and more coverage. All you need to is just perform the Netgear EAX20 setup and enjoy a better connected home experience. With the AX1800 EAX20 WiFi 6 extender, you can get faster WiFi speeds up to 1.8 Gbps even in the farthest corner of your house.
The mesh extender comes with 4-streams WiFi more spatial streams, delivering more available bandwidth and less congestion for all your connected devices. The EAX20 extender is a perfect fit for medium-sized homes.
Here, you will learn how to perform Netgear AX1800 EAX20 WiFi range extender setup without any issues. Let’s get started.
Setup Netgear AX1800 EAX20 Via Manual
When you buy a brand new Netgear AX1800 EAX20 mesh extender, you will get a manual in the package. This Netgear EAX20 Manual contains a series of setup steps from starting to ending. In order to setup Netgear AX1800 EAX20 extender, you need to simply walk through the Netgear AX1800 Setup steps given in the manual.
However, understanding these installation instructions is very difficult for regular users. The best way to install your Netgear EAX20 AX1800 WiFi extender with great ease is to contact our professionals. They will guide you each and every step and set up your extender properly.
Netgear AX1800 EAX20 Setup: WPS Method
In order to perform the Netgear AX1800 EAX20 setup using WPS push button:
- Power on the AX1800 dual-band WiFi mesh extender model EAX20.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on EAX20 to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- If the Netgear EAX20 LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band once you press the WPS button for the very first time. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during the Netgear extender EAX20 setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, get in touch with our experts.
- Move your extender to a new location.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network.
That’s how you can complete your Netgear EAX20 Setup using WPS button. If you come across any type of technical issue during the setup process, feel free to contact our experts.
Setup AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender: Manual Method
To setup AX1800 4-stream WiFi mesh extender manually, follow the steps given below:
- Turn on your Netgear AX1800 dual-band WiFi mesh extender model EAX20.
- Place the extender close to your WiFi router.
- After that, plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED to light green.
- If the Power LED does not light, press the Power button.
- Connect your Netgear EAX20 WiFi range extender using a WiFi or Ethernet connection.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device and enter www.mywifiext.net. If mywifiext.net not working on your device, contact our experts for quick help.
- The Netgear EAX20 Login page displays.
- Follow the prompts to connect your extender to the existing WiFi network.
- Move your extender to a new location.
- If you get no connection or a poor connection, move the extender closer to your router and try again until the Link Status LED lights white.
- After you find the best location for your extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
If you still can’t set up your Netgear EAX20 AX1800 Extender, get in touch with our highly-experienced technicians.
Netgear EAX20 Firmware Update | AX1800
- First and foremost, turn on your AX1800WiFi extender.
- Connect your router to the extender.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on yes button for Netgear AX1800 EAX20 firmware update.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender AX1800 firmware update properly.
That’s it! Your extender’s firmware has been updated. In case of any difficulty, feel free to contact our experts.
Netgear AX1800 EAX20 FastLane Setup
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Here’s how to perform the Netgear AX1800 EAX20 FastLane Setup:
- Connect your client device to a WiFi network.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Access the Netgear AX1800 EAX20 extender login web page.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
In case you stuck at any step while enabling the FastLane Technology on your extender, don’t hesitate to contact our experts.
Netgear AX1800 EAX20 WiFi Range Extender Setup Issues
- Netgear extender’s default web address is not working
- Incorrect Netgear extender password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t set up Netgear EAX20 WiFi range extender on Mac or iOS devices
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear AX1800 EAX20 WiFi Range Extender Setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Can’t access the Netgear EAX20 login webpage
- EAX20 drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on EAX20
- MAC address filtering errors
- Netgear AX1800 EAX20 – no internet
- Netgear AX1800 EAX20 not working failed update
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Netgear Extender not working
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Internet connected but not working
Fix all such Netgear EAX20 setup issues within minimal time by getting in touch with our experts.
Netgear AX1800 EAX20 Extender Setup Troubleshooting
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear AX1800 EAX20 extender setup issues:
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Make sure that the Netgear EAX20 extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- Update the latest Netgear AX1800 EAX20 firmware version on your extender.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during Netgear EX6200 login.
- If you are getting issues while logging into your Netgear AX1800 EAX20 extender, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. Just reach out to our technicians at toll-free 1-888-961-4011 and fix your Netgear AX1800 EAX20 WiFi range extender setup issues.