Facing issues during the Netgear EX5000 setup process? Don’t know the complete steps to set up your Netgear AC1200 EX5000 WiFi range extender? No worries! Here’s an all-inclusive guide that not only walks you through the complete Netgear EX5000 WiFi range extender setup steps but also makes you aware of various troubleshooting tips to resolve common setup issues. Let’s take the plunge.
Netgear AC1200 EX5000 Setup
Netgear EX5000 AC1200 dual-band WiFi range extender proffers wireless speeds up to 1200 Mbps. What’s more, its FastLane technology enhances performance using both WiFi bands. The extender comes with high-power amplifiers and internal antenna array to increase the existing range for whole home coverage.
To perform the Netgear AC1200 setup for model EX5000, you need to walk through the following instructions in the exact given order:
- Place your Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender model EX5000 in the same room as that of your home WiFi router.
- Plug the extender into an active power source and switch it on.
- Let the Power LED become visible.
- Now, it’s time to connect your EX5000 WiFi range extender.
- There are two ways to connect your AC1200 EX5000 extender: using the WPS button and via the web browser setup.
- In order to use WPS to connect the extender to your WiFi router, press the WPS button on your extender and then on the router.
- For the web browser setup, open the WiFi connection manager on your laptop or PC and connect to a reliable WiFi network.
- In the web browser’s URL bar, type mywifiext and hit Enter key.
- Select the WiFi network you like to extend.
- The next screen will ask you for the network password.
- Fill in the password to proceed further.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Next, set up the security settings for your new, extended WiFi network.
- Hit on the Continue button.
- Once done, click on the Finish button to complete the Netgear EX5000 setup process.
That’s how you can perform the Netgear EX5000 AC1200 WiFi extender setup. Now, unplug your extender and keep it at your preferred place in the home. After that, connect your PC, laptop, mobile device, and gaming console to the new WiFi network and enjoy an extended wireless range.
Still Can’t Setup Netgear EX5000 AC1200?
Don’t worry! Just follow the below-given troubleshooting tips and resolve all your Netgear EX5000 extender setup issues:
- Place your extender away from electronic gadgets such as microwaves, refrigerators, treadmills, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, etc.
- Also, maintain a certain distance between your Netgear AC1200 wireless range extender and water resources like fish tanks.
- If possible, keep the extender at a central location in your home, away from windows and concrete walls.
- Ensure that the extender is properly plugged in and receiving fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket.
- Verify if all the cable connections are precise and finger-tight.
- Use a high-speed internet connection during the Netgear extender setup process.
- Power-cycle your Netgear AC1200 dual-band WiFi extender as well as the home router.
- If you are unable to log into your Netgear EX5000 extender, update your web browser to the latest version.
- Try clearing the cache, cookies, and junk files from the web browser before using it for Netgear AC1200 EX5000 extender login.
- Make sure to use the latest firmware version on your Netgear wireless range extender.
So, our guide to the Netgear EX5000 setup ends here. Hopefully, you are now able to set up your Netgear AC1200 EX5000 wireless extender without any hassle. If you are still experiencing any sort of technical issue, be sure to contact our experts and get the issue resolved within minutes.