Netgear Genie Setup
Netgear provides a setup wizard to its users in order to make the extender installation easier than ever. This wizard, known as Netgear Genie Setup, offers step-by-step on-screen instructions to install and configure a new WiFi Extender. All you have to do is just walk through these instructions one by one. That’s why it can be said the easiest method for Netgear Extender installation. To get started with the New Extender Setup, you need to connect with Genie Smart Setup Wizard. Let’s have a look at the steps to get the job done.
- Power on your wireless extender.
- Switch on your desktop or laptop properly.
- Connect it to your router.
- Load any web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, Edge or Safari.
Once done, the browser will take you automatically to the genie setup login page. If this is not the case with you, manually type mywifiext.net in the address field and press enter key. Use the default credentials and hit the Login button. Doing so will take you to the Netgear Smart Wizard.
Important Note: Various users get confused between the Netgear Genie and Genie Smart Setup and believe both are same. Let us clarify here that they both are different from one another. Netgear Genie is an app for desktop and mobile to manage and repair the home network whereas the genie setup wizard provides a step-by-step guide for installing a new extender.
Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard Instructions
Netgear extenders are helpful in extending the current wireless network range and coverage to far corners of a home or office. Therefore, around 99% of users go with WiFi extenders when it comes to access hassle-free internet all over the house or workplace. And the genie wizard is another benefit of using Netgear extenders. It makes the extender setup so easy that even novice users can do it without any issue. Here are the installation on-screen instructions provided by the Genie Smart Setup Wizard:
- Choose the WiFi network which you want to extend and click continue.
- Input the name for your extended wireless network and hit continue.
- Once the settings apply, you will get the instructions for connecting your wireless devices to the new extender’s network.
- Open the WiFi network manager on your desktop, laptop or mobile.
- Select the new WiFi network and click on the connect button.
- Now, click on the finish button to complete the setup.
- Unplug the extender and keep it to anywhere you like.
- Make sure the extender’s location is dirt-free.
- You can even take the help of router link LED to find the perfect spot for your extender.
Still Unable to Access Netgear Genie Smart Setup?
Don’t panic! We are here to help if you can’t log in to Netgear extender via Genie, the smart wizard shows no internet connection but everything works, the web browser keeps directly taking you to the genie setup page after successfully extender installation, and a lot more. You can visit our Blog page for troubleshooting tips provided by experts. Or just give a ring to us and get instant Netgear Genie setup help for issues you are facing.
Can I Use the Smart Setup to add a WPS Client to My Extender’s Network?
Of course, yes! For those who are too new to the term, a WPS client is a wireless device or computer on which you want to access the new extended network. WPS or WiFi Protected Setup enables you to add a wireless computer or device to the new WiFi network without the need of typing WiFi password. Just follow the steps given below and add your WPS client to the network:
- Open an internet browser on your PC or WiFi-compatible device.
- Ensure that the device has an active internet connection.
- Click on the web browser’s address field and type www.mywifiext.net.
- A login window will appear.
- In case you don’t see the login prompt, add http:// before the URL.
- Fill in the username and passphrase and click on the login button.
- Once the smart setup dashboard opens, click on add WPS client option.
- There are two setup options namely Push Button and PIN Number. Choose one of them as per your convenience.
- Now, use the WPS button of your client device to connect to the extender’s network.
As soon as the device gets connected, the WPS process automatically sets it up using the network passphrase. Once done, you will get a confirmation message for the same. In case you experience any type of issue, instant help is just a call away: 1-888-961-4011.