Netgear EX6120 Setup | AC1200
With the Netgear EX6120 setup, you can boost your existing wireless network range. It delivers WiFi speeds up to 1200 Mbps. Compact in design, Netgear AC1200 EX6120 can easily blend into your home décor.
The extender can work with any standard WiFi router. Its external antennas provide better WiFi coverage and more speed throughout the home.
Netgear AC1200 EX6120 Setup – WPS Method
In order to perform the Netgear AC1200 EX6120 setup using WPS:
- Power on the Netgear AC1200 mesh extender (EX6120).
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on EX6120 to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the Netgear EX6120 Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band once you press the WPS button for the very first time. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during the Netgear extender EX6120 setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, get in touch with our experts.
- Move your extender to a new location you like.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network. Your extender uses the same
- WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz extended networks.
That’s how you can complete your Netgear EX6120 Setup using WPS button. If you come across any type of technical issue during the setup process, feel free to contact our experts.
Netgear Extender EX6120 Setup: Manual Method
To perform Netgear extender EX6120 setup manually, follow the steps given below:
- Turn on your Netgear AC1200 EX6120 extender.
- Place the extender close to your WiFi router.
- After that, plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED to light green.
- If the Power LED does not light, press the Power button.
- Connect a computer or mobile device to the extender using a WiFi or Ethernet connection:
- WiFi – On your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device, open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to a WiFi network.
- Ethernet – Use an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear EX6120 AC1200 extender.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device and login to Netgear EX6120 setup web-based page. If you face any issue while logging in, contact our experts for quick help.
- The Netgear installation assistant displays.
- Follow the prompts to connect your extender to the existing WiFi network.
- Move your extender to a new location you like.
- If you get no connection or a poor connection, move the extender closer to your router and try again until the LED lights white.
- After you find the best location for your extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
Netgear EX6120 Firmware Update | AC1200
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away. Here’s how to perform Netgear EX6120 firmware update:
- First and foremost, turn on your AC1200 WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to a WiFi network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Log in to your extender using mywifiext.net username and password.
- Go to the Settings menu and click on the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on the Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on the Yes button for Netgear AC1200 EX6120 firmware update.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender AC1200 firmware update properly.
That’s it! Your extender’s firmware has been updated. In case of any difficulty, feel free to contact our experts.
Netgear EX6120 Manual
When you buy a brand new AC1200 EX6120 extender, you will get a manual in the package. This Netgear EX6120 Manual contains a series of setup steps from starting to ending. All you have to do is simply walk through these Netgear EX6120 Setup steps and make your extender up and running within minutes.
However, understanding these installation instructions is very difficult for regular users. The best way to install your Netgear EX6120 AC1200 WiFi extender with great ease is to contact our professionals. They will guide you each and every step and set up your extender properly.
Netgear EX6120 FastLane Setup
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Here’s how to perform the Netgear EX6120 FastLane Setup:
- Connect your client device to a WiFi network.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Access the Netgear AC1200 EX6120 extender login web page.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on the ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
In case you stuck at any step while enabling the FastLane Technology on your extender, don’t hesitate to contact our experts for on-the-spot solutions.
Netgear EX6120 WiFi Extender Setup Issues
- Netgear extender’s default web address is not working
- Incorrect Netgear extender password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t set up Netgear EX6120 on Mac or iOS devices
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear EX6120 WiFi Extender Setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Can’t login to Netgear EX6120 extender
- EX6120 drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on EX6120
- MAC address filtering errors
- Netgear AC1200 EX6120 not working failed update
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Netgear Extender not working
- Netgear AC1200 EX6120 – no internet
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Internet connected but not working
Fix Netgear AC1200 EX6120 Extender Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear AC1200 EX6120 extender setup issues:
- Make sure that the Netgear EX6120 extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues while logging into your Netgear AC1200 EX6120 extender, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during Netgear EX6120 login.
- Update the latest Netgear AC1200 EX6120 firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. Just reach out to our technicians at 1-888-961-4011 and fix your Netgear AC1200 EX6120 WiFi range extender setup issues.