Complete Guide to Fix Nighthawk App Logon Timed Out
Are you experiencing the frustrating “Nighthawk app logon timed out” issue during the login? If you nod yes, then you don’t need to worry any more. You are not the only one who is baffling alone with this annoying issue. There are millions of people around the globe facing the same problem. This issue can be resolved with a few simple steps. Here we will tell you about the reasons behind this issue and also provide straightforward hacks that will work effectively.
Reasons: Nighthawk App Logon Timed Out
There are a plethora of reasons that caused the Nighthawk app logon timed out issue. But here we have listed only common reasons. This will help you to understand the situation and fix the problem in a hassle-free manner:
- A wonky and unstable internet connection from the internet service provider.
- Technical glitches in the Nighthawk app.
- Cache and cookies.
- Outdated version of the app.
- A problem in a device that you are using for the Nighthawk app.
These were the reasons that triggered the Nighthawk app logon time out issue frequently. To fix this issue, implement the troubleshooting tips mentioned further.
Resolved: Nighthawk App Logon Timed Out
Well before diving into troubleshooting the Nighthawk app logon timed out issue, ensure that your device (phone, tablet, or computer) is connected to a stable and working internet connection. The Nighthawk app requires an active internet connection to access and control your extender remotely.
Solution 1: Update Nighthawk App
Check the software version of the Nighthawk app first, if the app is running on its outdated version, then update it at the same time. The reason being, an outdated version of apps can sometimes cause login issues. To update the app, follow the instructions given below:
- Go to your device’s app store. (Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS).
- Search the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Log In to the Application
- Check if there’s an update available for the Nighthawk app.
- If an update is available, install it and try logging in again.
Solution 2: Restart the Nighthawk App
Simple as it sounds, restarting the Nighthawk app can resolve many minor glitches. Close the app completely, wait for a few seconds, and then open it again. Attempt to log in once more and see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 3: Reboot the Netgear Extender
A quick extender reboot can work wonders. Following are the steps to power cycle the device in a perfect manner:
- Locate the power button on your Nighthawk extender.
- Turn off the device by pressing the power button or unplug its power adapter from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for about 10-15 seconds until the device is powered off.
- Plug it back in or turn the extender back on.
- Give it a moment to boot up fully and then try accessing the Nighthawk app again.
Solution 4: Clear Cache & Cookies (Nighthawk App)
Extra trash like cache and cookies data can be causing the login problem. So, we advise you to delete all the data from the app. Here’s how you can clear the app’s cache:
Note: Following steps are only for Android devices.
- Go to your device’s “Settings.”
- Select “Apps” or “Applications Manager.”
- Find and tap on the “Nighthawk” app from the list.
- Choose “Storage” or “Storage & cache.”
- Click on “Clear cache.”
Now, open the Nighthawk app again and try logging in. Hopefully, the “Logon Timed Out” issue is fixed.
Solution 5: Check Extender Firmware
Outdated extender firmware can sometimes lead to compatibility issues with the Nighthawk app. To check your extender firmware you need to access the 192.168.1.250 IP address. The following are the steps:
- Access the 192.168.1.250 IP and log in (if you can).
- Go to the “Settings” section.
- Look for the “Extender Settings” or “Extender Information” option.
- Check for any firmware update notifications.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install it.
Solution 6: Use Different Device
If you are still in the same situation and none of the above hacks will help you to fix the Nighthawk app logon timed out, then use a different mobile to use the Nighthawk app.
- Before using another smartphone check the software of the device. It should be running on its updated software.
- The device should have enough space.
Hence, now you know why you are facing “Nighthawk App Logon Timed Out” error. With this easy guide, you can troubleshoot and fix the issue in no time.