Is Netgear extender red light error bothering you? Tried hard reset or soft reset your extender but nothing worked? Gotcha! This post will make you aware of some right fixes to troubleshoot this error within the least possible time.
There are a lot of users who experience this issue while or after setting up their Netgear extender. However, with a few tactics, you can resolve this red light error with great ease.
What This Guide Includes:
To make Netgear WiFi extender red light troubleshooting easier for you, we have split this post into two different sections:
- Reasons why your extender is showing red light
- How to fix red light on Netgear extender
Netgear WiFi Extender Red Power Light: What’s the Reason?
A red LED on your Netgear WiFi extender puts an adverse effect on your device, ranging from degrading other connected devices’ performance to losing WiFi connection and ultimately your extender. Therefore, get to know the proper cause of your Netgear WiFi extender red power light and find the easiest solution accordingly.
Here, we have curated a list of common reasons behind the red light on your extender:
- The extender is placed in a non-ventilated area.
- Netgear extender is plagued by radio interference coming from metal objects, electronic appliances and reflexive surfaces.
- On the off chance that your router has too many devices connected to it, the extender will find it difficult to connect to your router. As a result, you will get a red LED light on your WiFi extender.
- An outdated firmware on your Netgear extender will also lead you to a red light.
- If you have made incorrect setting changes during the extender setup via mywifiext, you will see a red light error.
- Another reason behind this problem is partial or incomplete extender reset and firmware update.
- In case you have full access to your extender’s Control List, the device can’t afford to have missing Mac addresses of both your extender as well as the wireless adapter.
- Any issue at your Internet Service Provider side will also result in a red globe on your extender.
If there is a power outage or your internet connection is lost during the extender setup process, you will see your extender showing red light.
So now you are fully aware of the reason behind this issue. Let’s dig a little deeper to learn how to fix Netgear extender red light error.
Solutions for Netgear Range Extender Red Light Issue
Basic Troubleshooting Steps:
- Relocate your extender and router to a ventilated place. It should be free from radio waves interference and reflexive materials.
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is receiving proper power supply.
- Update firmware of your extender periodically.
- During Netgear Genie download, ensure that you have fast internet connection on your device.
Advanced Troubleshooting Steps
None of the aforementioned steps fixed your issue? If yes, go with advanced troubleshooting steps given below:
- Turn on your PC and launch a web browser.
- Go to the extender’s login web page.
- After login, navigate to WiFi settings and make setting changes as per your preferences.
- Lastly, check the network name.
- If your mywifiext configuration fails, try again to configure your device.
- Enable FastLane technology on your Netgear WiFi extender.
In this way, you can easily troubleshoot Netgear extender red light error. If you are still facing the same issue, feel free to contact our experts.