Guide to Fix EX7300 Netgear_Ext Not Showing on Network List
Are you troubled because your EX7300 extender’s SSID is not showing on the network list? If the answer to the question is yes, then we are here to put an end to your misery. But, before we do that, let’s first make you familiar with the reasons why you’re facing the Netgear_ext not showing on the network list issue:
- Weak or no internet connection.
- Your Netgear EX7300 extender is not running an updated firmware.
- You haven’t performed Netgear EX7300 setup properly.
- The distance between your extender and router is too much.
These are some of the most common reasons why your extender’s SSID is not showing on the network list. Now, it’s time to proceed further and troubleshoot the issue by following the tips mentioned below.
Resolved: Netgear_Ext Not Showing on Network List
Check Your Internet Connection
The number one reason why your Netgear EX7300 extender’s SSID is not showing on the network list is a weak internet connection. To troubleshoot the issue, make sure that your WiFi range extender has access to a fast internet connection.
If required, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Confirm whether the issue is from his end. In case it is, then give him some time to fix the issue.
Now, check whether the extender’s SSID is showing on the network list or not. If not, then give the next troubleshooting step a shot.
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Have you ever noticed how your mobile device starts acting out if you’ve forgotten to update it? If yes, then you’ve recognized another reason behind the Netgear_ext not showing on the network list issue. Therefore, it is recommended that you update the firmware of your EX7300 extender.
Here are the instructions you need to follow to update the firmware of your EX7300 extender:
- Power on your computer and open up a web browser on it.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and click on the Enter key to proceed.
- Enter the default username and password of your extender and hit Log In.
- Refer to the Netgear EX7300 manual for the default admin credentials.
- Once logged in, click on Administration under the Settings option.
- If you find any firmware updates available, click on the Firmware Update button.
Do not perform any background activities while your EX7300 extender is getting updated. Otherwise, you’ll unknowingly send an invitation to various other technical issues.
Place Your WiFi Devices in Close Proximity
Is your Netgear EX7300 extender placed far from the WiFi router? Well, that can’t be good. Therefore, it is recommended that you reduce the distance between your WiFi devices. Otherwise, resolving the Netgear_ext not showing on the network list issue will end up remaining a dream for you.
Perform Netgear EX3700 Setup Properly
Applied all the aforementioned steps but your EX7300 extender’s SSID is still refusing to show on the network list? If yes, then, unfortunately, you have no other option than to reset your Netgear WiFi range extender.
Follow the guidelines mentioned below to restore your EX7300 extender to the default mode:
- Firstly, make sure that the connection between your extender and router is stable.
- Find the Reset button located on your Netgear EX7300 WiFi extender.
- Once found, press and hold the button using an oil pin.
- Now, give your Netgear EX7300 extender some time to get restored to the factory default settings.
After performing factory default reset, access mywifiext and reconfigure your Netgear EX7300 extender.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post helped you resolve the Netgear_ext not showing on the network list issue. On the off chance if the issue persists, then feel free to reach out to highly experienced technical experts at any hour of the day.