How to Enable Access Schedule on Netgear Range Extender?
The internet is the need of the hour today. From education to entertainment, every little task is dependent on a seamless internet connection. This is the reason why many people prefer performing Netgear WiFi extender setup. Configuring a wireless range extender allows them to access a blazing-fast connection in every nook and cranny of their homes. However, sometimes, users forget to limit their internet usage. They spend hours and hours using the internet. This is not only harmful for them but it also degrades the performance of the device. But, the good news is that the internet usage time can be fixed with the help of the Netgear Access Schedule feature.
If you also want to limit your internet access on any of your WiFi-enabled devices, then walk through this article and learn how to enable Access Schedule.
Points to Remember While Enabling Access Schedule
Before you enable Access Schedule on your Netgear extender, keep the following things in mind. Otherwise, you might face technical issues.
- Avoid plugging your Netgear range extender into a damaged electrical outlet.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable you’ll use to connect your Netgear extender to the existing router is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Whatever web browser you use, ensure that it is running on its updated version. Also, clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Although mywifiext.net will work for you, on the off chance, it doesn’t, we recommend you use the default IP address to log in to your Netgear extender.
- The default username and password of your wireless device are case-sensitive. So, be careful while typing them in their respective fields.
- Do not refresh your web browser while enabling the Access Schedule feature on your device. Or else, you’ll come back to square one.
- Ensure that your Netgear wireless range extender and the existing router are placed in the same room.
Steps to Enable Access Schedule on Netgear Extender
Pro Tip: Make sure that you have properly set the time zone on your wireless device.
a) Power Up Your Netgear Extender
- Start by plugging your Netgear wireless range extender into a power outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Let the LED become solid green.
b) Connect Your WiFi Devices
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Netgear range extender and another to your home router.
Note: You can also connect your devices with the help of a wireless source.
c) Access Mywifiext.net
- Turn on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser.
- Next, enter mywifiext.net in the URL bar of the internet browser.
- Press the Enter key.
d) Log in to Your Netgear Extender
- You will get redirected to the mywifiext net login page.
- When prompted, input the default username and password of your Netgear range extender.
- Click the Log In button.
Note: If you are not able to access the mywifiext.net login page, it is recommended you get in touch with our technical experts. They will surely help you troubleshoot the issue.
e) Enable the Access Schedule Feature
- Once logged in, head over to the Do More section.
- Click Access Schedule.
- Select the ‘Access Schedule On’ option.
- Next, click the Add Time button.
- Click Save.
- In some time, your changes will become effective.
In a few seconds, the Access Schedule feature will be enabled on your Netgear wireless range extender.
Whether it is a human or a technical device, it is quite important to take a break every now and then. And by enabling the Access Schedule feature on your Netgear wireless range extender, you can let yourself and your device rest for some time.
Just in case you come across any issues while enabling the feature, don’t hesitate to contact our well-versed technicians. They are always quick off the mark.