How to Reset Netgear Extender via Button and Web Interface?
Whether your Netgear extender is not in the mood to work, the Netgear extender firmware update process failed, Netgear extender not found, or the extender LED light is blinking red, resolving these issues is possible if you learn how to reset Netgear extender.
In this blog post, we have talked about not one, but two methods through which resetting or restoring the networking device is possible.
We have thoroughly explained both of them. You can go through them and then decide which one is easier according to you when it comes to implementing. By the way, the information can be mentioned even if you want to do Netgear EX2700 reset.
Which Issues You Can Fix via Reset Process?
Prior to learning how to reset Netgear range extender, you ought to become acquainted with the issues that can be fixed if you successfully finish the process:
- Unresponsive wireless extender
- Custom settings not functioning
- Inconsistent range extender speed
- Outdated or corrupted firmware
- Slow or poor internet connectivity
Now, you ought to find out how to go about the process which you came to this post for. By the time you have learned how to reset the device; the issue you were facing will be gone.
How to Reset Netgear Extender via Reset Button?
In this method, one needs to make use of the physical reset button to restore the Netgear wireless range extender to the factory default settings. Wondering how? Here is how:
- Start your search for the reset button located on the networking device. Know that it could either be located on the side panel of your range extender or at the bottom. This depends on the model that you purchased and are using at the moment.
- As soon as you find the reset button, you need to press it. This can be done with the aid of a sharp object. To name a few, you can use either use an oil pin or a paper clip. Take our advice and drop the idea of using the tip of a pen if you are planning to.
- After pressing the reset button, you ought to hold on. The reason being, your networking device will take some time to reboot. Do not unplug the Netgear WiFi range extender or power it off while it is rebooting. It will interrupt the process.
In this manner, you will be able to complete the process of learning how to reset Netgear wireless range extender by pressing the reset button located on the networking device.
How to Access Web Interface to Reset Netgear Extender?
The following instructions will guide you to reset your Netgear range extender by making your way to its admin console via mywifiext and following the prompts given:
- Unlock your laptop in case it is locked and ensure that it is connected to the Netgear wireless range extender. By any chance, you find out that there is no connection, then you ought to make the required connection right away.
- Load n internet browser and make your way to the address bar located at the top. Enter mywifiext.net there and press the Enter key to go to the login portal. Enter the required admin login username and password.
- Soon you will access the main dashboard of the Netgear WiFi range extender. Click the Menu option. Go to the Settings section and then, click the Other Settings button. Find the Reset button and hit on it. Select the Finish option when prompted.
For your information, resetting the device using this method will only work for issues that user didn’t face while or after logging in to the Netgear wireless range extender.
The Bottom Line
Resetting the Netgear extender is known to resolve many technical issues. Perhaps, this is the reason; it is known to be the ultimate solution. Considering you have been experiencing issues with your range extender as well, we are expecting that after learning how to reset Netgear extender, you can fix it in a hassle-free manner.
After you have reset Netgear extender, you need to configure or install it. You can do this using any method you are keen on using.